Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cathy's Deli

I live in a town of corporate chain stores, heck I have worked for a few, and to there defense most are relatively harmless. However, My father is a small business owner, he has been for 25 years or so, as such I love to support local businesses.

This was not my first time to Cathy's Deli, A small Jewish diner in Newhall just off Lyons avenue. I'd been there before, but it was this time that it really stood out.


The deli looks small from the outside but the dining area is surprisingly spacious. The atmosphere is classic American diner.

It is the food however that represents a larger demographic than the decor. On the same menu, you will find chorizo, American fare and a sprinkling of Jewish cultural cuisine like lox, black and white cookies, and other such delights.

The service is terrific, and the people generally seem to like their guests, going out of there way to accommodate me. That is is no small task, as I am allergic to wheat, dairy, and soy and rather sensitive to several other foods. none the less, Cathy's rose to the challenge and served me with style!

I'd reccomend the deli to anyone who is looking for good quality diner food and doesnt want to give up and go to Denny's for the hundreth time.

Not that there is anything wrong with Denny's....

No comments:

Post a Comment